Sunday, 4 October 2015


Fairymead receiving office, a sugar plantation 9 km north of Bundaberg. The Fairymead Plantation Receiving Office opened in 1894 and the name was shortened to Fairymead in about 1898. It was elevated to a post office in about September 1911. The receiving office keeper in 1894 was J. McIvor; 1901 S. Luke; 1903 S. Ford and 1905 T Neilson
  • Oval Rubber cancellation dated 1904 - 1909 rated Very Rare

Fairymead oval rubber cancellation in violet dated 21 January 1904 with a Bundaberg duplex numeral 148 cancellation of the same date and rated Very Rare. Seen at Premier Postal auction no 110

No comments:

Post a Comment