A catalog of the different Queensland receiving office manuscript and other cancellations found on Queensland (Chalon, Sideface and Commonwealth) postage stamps and covers. To find the receiving office you are looking for select from the alphabetical tabs directly below.
Cumonjureceiving office, 8 km south of Gin Gin and named after the Cumonju School near the Currajong Creek. The Currajong receiving office opened at the school in 1890 and the name of both was changed to Cumonju in 1892. It was elevated to the Commonju post office about March 1905 and closed in 1906/7. The receiving office keeper in 1890 was Patrick O'Keefe, a teacher. In 1896 it was Daniel Scanlan, also a teacher. In 1900 it was W. Meikle and in 1901 C. Hansen
Manuscript cancellation seen from 1902 and 1904 rated Very Rare
Cumonju manuscript cancellation dated 24 March 1904 with a Gin Gin barred numeral no 203 rated Very Rare. Seen at Phoenix Auction no 8 lot no 921
Cumonju manuscript cancellation dated 2 September 1902 with a Gin Gin datestamp of the same date and barred numeral no 203 rated Very Rare. Seen at Phoenix Auctions no 41